Thursday, May 15, 2008

Still Here...


We're still here. Shelley decided to stay another week in Texas and I'm here in Asheville just enjoying my full nights sleep. I've never been the type of person that really loved to sleep or valued it that much. Man has that changed, like so many other things.

Lately I've been reflecting on life a lot. So much of my mental thought since Miles has been born has been devoted to some how planning a sustainable future for Miles and future family. Some how trying to find ways to invest in the future so that they can go to college, have great vacations and some things that would superficially make them happy. I think in some ways it's the desire of a man to provide. It's been a blessing lately because some of that thought has shifted. Praise God! That burden is pretty heavy. Prayer has been central to my life lately. Through pray I have shifted my thought to investing in Jesus and his Kingdom. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense but for some reason it's really hard for me to wrap my head around it. Truely that is the only gift I can give my family that means anything at all...a prayerful example of love for our Savior. We get so clouded by everything around us. Even writing this brings some sort of joy to know that there is freedom from the pressure to perform.

So friends I hope you are all doing well. Those that we saw at the wedding it was amazing and for those we didn't we miss you so.

1 comment:

Mason's said...

Thanks for the thoughts. I feel the same burden and I love the language you used regarding investing in the Lord the true gift you can provide your family.