Friday, August 22, 2008

I need to catch up

I am sure glad it's Friday. I love Fridays. I don't now why, because know that I"m at home with Miles, everyday is a Friday. But there is something different about Fridays. It's just good to know that Corey will be home to help for 2 days. This weekend we are going to be working on projects around the house. Imagine that, it seems like we do projects every weekend, or at least Corey does. Corey has been working on our porch for the last month and it's finally finished, so now we have to prime and paint it. We are still trying to figure out what color to paint it because eventually we are going to be painting our whole house. It's going to take us a while though because we are just going to be doing it in our free time.

It has been beautiful here in Asheville this week. Right now I have all the windows open and there is a great breeze sweeping through the whole house. It feels so great. Fall is in the air. I hope we have made a turn and we won't be getting anymore 90 degree weather but who knows. Last year it was pretty hot here in September too, but maybe it will be better this year.

So this week has been fun. My brother Wes got here last Friday and stayed until Wednesday. It was fun to hang out with him. He is an amazing cook, we had fun cooking dinner and dessert. We also took him to some of our favorite spots including, Well Bred bakery in Weaverville, West End Bakery and Nine Mile, a really fun Jamaican restaurant. It was nice to have someone to help with Miles. It's so great when family comes! Yesterday my aunt came up for the day to watch Miles so that I could run errands and have the day to myself. That was fun. I wish I had more exciting things to do besides go grocery shopping and to Lowes, but that's about all I needed to do so I got to scratch those off the list. I also got to get my hair done which is always a treat. Ahh the things we take for granted before we have kids. Running errands is just not as easy as it used to be.

So, that wraps up my week. This morning Miles had his 9 mo. checkup. I love taking him in to the doctor and finding out how much he's grown. He's now 28 inches long and 19 lbs. He's in the 50th percentile for height and 25 for weight. The doctor said he looked great so that was good to hear. And now I'm just sitting here, while Miles takes his afternoon nap. I could get so much done if I didn't have this dumb laptop! Oh well, it's fun. I leave you with a fun picture taken at Well Bred Bakery in Weaverville. What a fun night!


this is me, doing what I do best, eating treats!

2 comments:

Remodelaholic said...

You eat treats? No one would ever know! Where do they go? I wish I could eat treats and look as good as you do!

Carrie said...

I remember getting so excited when I went grocery shopping at night all by myself. I would call friends and chat while slowly, strolling through the grocery store. I was in heaven!