Monday, April 28, 2008

Miles is not a fan

North Carolina has become a key state in the Democratic Primary so last week Hillary Clinton came to Asheville. It happened to be girls night out with some of the girls from work so I told Shelley 'why don't you go and I'll take Miles to see Hillary at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. A little guys night out, right? Right! We waited in the mob of people and luckily got through the TSA security still with a baby bottle full of milk. We settled in our perfect front row seats in the balcony and it was a lot of fun until things got going in the auditorium. Everybody is hootin' and hollerin' for Hillary...they are throwing t-shirts and adjectives like nobodies business and then... I think Miles became the loudest person in the room. Yup. He was screaming. So I thought he was hungry so I fed him his bottom. nope! definitely not hungry! So I sadly had to close the door on guys night out. The minute we walked out of the auditorium Miles falls fast asleep. crazy. It was pretty depressing to leave. I mean there were at least a thousand people just standing outside the auditorium because they had closed the doors to a full house. Oh well.
It felt good to do something for Miles that wasn't what I wanted to do.



3 comments:

khunton said...

It might just be me, but maybe the problem was that you "fed him his bottom" and not his bottle?? I would probably cry and then pass out too.

Jk, way to go on attempting the boys night out! They will be here before you know it!

Corey Mason said...

ha ha

The Photographer said...

wow Corey, you really know how to sacrifice :) We miss you guys!
K